Ka-ching for Cupid: Valentine's Marketing Tips
"Valentine's Day is the perfect time to reach out to potential customers with gift ideas and holiday promotions,". "Holidays can be hectic, especially when trying to find the right gift for that special someone. By giving your customers something of value such as gift ideas and special holiday offers, you are showing them that their interests are the motives behind your campaigns -- building greater trust in your brand." Here are six tips for successful Valentine's email marketing promotions:
1. Promote your special holiday offers up front: Make sure your customers can immediately see that you are offering Valentine's Day specials starting at the subject line. If your customer sees an offer they can't refuse, your email will be opened.
2. Offer gift ideas:Rather than letting your customers browse your site, offer gift ideas. This is a great way to help your customers find the perfect gift. You can even offer a Top 10 Popular Gift section to help aid their search for that special someone.
3. Welcome those last minute shoppers: Let last minute shoppers know that they can shop with you. Offer guaranteed shipping or pick-up options to reel them in to shopping with you. This is a sure way to make an impression with a customer and to make sure they remember you next holiday season.
4. Offer additional incentives: Offering additional offers like online-only coupons, discounts off future purchases, special membership pricings, etc are enticing ways to grab the attention of potentials shoppers.
5. Think outside of the candy box: Flowers, candy and jewelry aren't the only things that make good Valentine's Day gifts. No matter what kind of business you have, think of creative ways for people to want to do business with you. If you are a ski resort, offer discount passes for those buying during a certain time period. If you are a restaurant, offer a special Valentine's Day menu.
6. Gather additional customer information: If you don't already have customer 'friends and family' profile data, Valentine's Day can be a good opportunity to gather additional information from your customers such as important dates for them, friends, family and significant others, including birthdays and anniversaries.
See the full story at: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions/advertising/article.php/3801251